The deal was announced Thursday at the Cannes Film Festival, where Sierra/Affinity is handling foreign sales. It’s the second release for Annapurna’s nascent distribution operation, which launches with the Aug. 4 opening of “Detroit,” Kathryn Bigelow’s drama about the race riots of 1967.
Amazon Studios came on to co-finance and handle the North American theatrical release of “Brad’s Status” in October. Mike White directed the movie, which also stars Michael Sheen, Luke Wilson, Jenna Fischer and Austin Abrams.
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment first unveiled the project in July after White brought the project to Ske with Plan B attached. Ske, Plan B, and Dave Bernad are producing. Ske and Amazon are co-financing the film.
Stiller plays the titular Brad who, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- Stuck In Stories: The Films Of Christopher Nolan (From LRM Online. 21 July 2017, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Justice League Costumes And Mother Boxes Revealed At Sdcc (From We Got This Covered. 19 July 2017, 6:46 PM, PDT)
- Poll: What’s the Best Christopher Nolan Movie? (From Variety - Film News. 19 July 2017, 12:29 PM, PDT)
- ‘Escape At Dannemora’: Eric Lange To Star In Ben Stiller’s Showtime Limited Series (From Deadline TV. 20 July 2017, 4:10 PM, PDT)
- Dev Patel and Ben Stiller to Star in ‘Chippendales’ Movie About the Famous Male Strip Club (From Slash Film. 19 July 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Newswire: Dev Patel to play the founder of Chippendales (From The AV Club. 18 July 2017, 12:45 PM, PDT)
Adam Sandler (I)
- Doug Robinson Leaves Happy Madison for Overall Deal at Sony TV, Launches New Production Company (From Variety - TV News. 17 July 2017, 11:31 AM, PDT)
- Happy Madison’s Doug Robinson Launches His Own Production Company, Inks Sony Pictures TV Overall Deal (From Deadline TV. 17 July 2017, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Doug Robinson Exits Happy Madison, Launches New Sony TV-Based Banner (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 17 July 2017, 10:49 AM, PDT)