Broadchurch star becomes 13th actor to lead BBC series.
Whittaker replaces the outgoing Peter Capaldi, and in the process becomes the first woman to lead the long-running BBC series.
First airing in 1964, Doctor Who follows its titular protagonist as he explores the universe in his time-travelling spaceship known as the Tardis.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Tom Grater)
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (1963)
- How James Bond 25 could reinvent the franchise (From Den of Geek. 25 July 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Queer as Folk,’ ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner to Receive Edinburgh Achievement Award (From Variety - TV News. 25 July 2017, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- Former 'Doctor Who' Showrunner Russell T. Davies to Get Edinburgh TV Festival Honor (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 25 July 2017, 3:05 AM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- 17 Stars Who Went to Comic-Con in Disguise, From Justin Timberlake to Lupita Nyong’o (Photos) (From The Wrap. 26 July 2017, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- James Cameron hints at revisiting Terminator with a new trilogy (From HeyUGuys. 26 July 2017, 3:59 AM, PDT)
- Video: Firefighters Rescue Dog from Burning House, Resuscitate Pup — Thanks to Girl Scouts Donation (From PEOPLE.com. 24 July 2017, 11:25 AM, PDT)
David Tennant (I)
- Broadchurch: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Four on BBC America? (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 July 2017, 9:33 PM, PDT)
- Broadchurch: Season Three Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 July 2017, 9:22 PM, PDT)
- Doctor Who: Mark Gatiss talks unmade David Tennant script (From Den of Geek. 27 July 2017, 1:13 AM, PDT)