James Wan and David F. Sandberg are filmmakers currently at the centre of two highly anticipated, relatively new cinematic universes – the individual nature of which could not be more different from each other. One is the DC Extended Universe – with Wan at the helm of Aquaman, and David F. Sandberg set to direct Shazam! – and the other is The Conjuring universe, which has just unleashed Annabelle: Creation into cinemas.
The main difference between the two is that the latter is an entirely original creative property. There are no comic books upon which these films are based – although there are some allegedly “true stories.” That this horror film universe is on track to become one of the more profitable in recent history means that James Wan, who directed the first two, core Conjuring movies, is clearly onto something in terms of compelling narrative.
For further proof of that, you need only »
- Matt Joseph
Similar News ItemsJames Wan (I)
- ‘Gerald’s Game’ Review: Kinky Sex Goes Wrong, but It’s Stephen King Done Right (From Indiewire. 24 September 2017, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- James Wan to Produce Sweet Tooth, Another Feature-Length Adaptation of a Short Film (From Dread Central. 19 September 2017, 12:46 PM, PDT)
- Time Salvager to be adapted for Michael Bay movie (From Den of Geek. 18 September 2017, 6:14 PM, PDT)
- New Justice League promo art unveiled, early box office projections point to $150 million domestic opening (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2017, 1:26 AM, PDT)
- Justice League Promo Art Gives Us A New Look At Aquaman (From We Got This Covered. 23 September 2017, 3:44 PM, PDT)
- "Aquaman" and 'Black Manta' (From SneakPeek. 23 September 2017, 1:57 PM, PDT)
The Conjuring (2013)
- Film Review: ‘Leatherface’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 September 2017, 1:03 AM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Dishes Details on Demonic, Mind Blown, and Slaughter High (From Dread Central. 15 September 2017, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- New poster for TCM prequel ‘Leatherface’ (From Blogomatic3000. 15 September 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)