Adam Crozier has become non-executive group chairman at Vue International, taking the role at the exhibitor weeks after exiting as CEO of ITV, Britain’s biggest commercial broadcaster.
“We are delighted that Adam is joining Vue International as chairman as we continue to pursue our strategic growth plans and identify further global expansion opportunities,” said Tim Richards, founder and chief executive of Vue. “Further enriching the strength and experience of the board is part of our plan to grow our business internationally at a time when the industry is set for increased consolidation.”
Vue International now has 212 sites and 1,902 screens across 10 countries, mostly in Europe. Crozier’s appointment comes amid speculation that the privately held company is readying itself for an Ipo.
Crozier, a former recipient of Variety’s Achievement in International TV Award, is credited with implementing a successful turnaround plan at ITV over his seven-year tenure, having previously been at the helm of the Royal »
- Stewart Clarke
Similar News ItemsEurope (2005)
- Movie Theater Chain Vue Buys Dutch Exhibitor Jt (From Variety - Film News. 24 August 2015, 2:19 AM, PDT)
- Two new IMAX screens opening in the UK (From Flickeringmyth. 17 May 2015, 2:06 AM, PDT)
- Oettinger under fire over copyright proposals (From ScreenDaily. 9 March 2015, 5:38 AM, PDT)
Tim Richards (I)
- Former ITV Boss Adam Crozier Becomes Non-Executive Chairman at Vue (From Variety - TV News. 13 September 2017, 12:19 AM, PDT)
- IMAX, Vue to open second Denmark site (From ScreenDaily. 25 October 2016, 3:02 AM, PDT)
- Vue Cinemas acquires Dutch exhibitor Jt Bioscopen (From ScreenDaily. 24 August 2015, 5:53 AM, PDT)