Selena Gomez became emotional as she remembered a family that drowned last month after their van was tragically swept away in the rising floodwaters in her hometown of Houston during Hurricane Harvey.
At Tuesday’s celebrity telethon to raise money for hurricane relief efforts, Gomez spoke through tears as she remembered the Saldivar family – relatives of the late singer Selena Quintanilla.
“August 27, seven members of the Saldivar family tried to escape the rising flood waters. Their van is swept into the bayou, only Sammy Saldivar manages to survive,” Gomez, 25, said during the Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Relief telethon. »
- Char Adams
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Matt Damon to Receive BAFTA Britannia Award As He Enters Oscar Season With Two Bold, Divisive Roles (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 September 2017, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon to Receive BAFTA Britannia Award As He Enters Oscar Season With Two Bold, Divisive Roles (From Indiewire. 20 September 2017, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Amal Clooney Banned George From Bedroom? (From GossipCop. 20 September 2017, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- Jake Lamotta, Legendary Boxer and Inspiration for 'Raging Bull,' Dies at 95, Robert De Niro Pays Tribute (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 September 2017, 10:58 AM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Beautiful Human, Makes a Whopping Donation to Tackle Climate Change (From Popsugar. 20 September 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Taika Waititi in talks to direct Akira adaptation (From Flickeringmyth. 20 September 2017, 4:14 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber Apologizes to Marilyn Manson Over Text Message: 'My Bad If I Was an A**hole' (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 September 2017, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- Demi Lovato Lip-Synchs Taylor Swift And Selena Gomez Songs Like A Pro (From MTV Newsroom. 20 September 2017, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- How to Recreate Selena Gomez's Bold Lips (From E! Online. 20 September 2017, 11:26 AM, PDT)