Starz has ordered the Latino drama “Vida” to series, the premium cabler announced Friday.
“Vida” is a half-hour drama series focusing on two Mexican-American sisters from the Eastside of Los Angeles who couldn’t be more different or distanced from each other. Circumstances force them to return to their old neighborhood, where they are confronted by the past and shocking truth about their mother’s identity. Veronica Osorio has been cast in the role of Emma, with Melissa Barrera playing her sister, Lyn.
Osorio is a Venezuelan improviser and actress who moved to New York City to perform at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in 2008. She has since relocated to Los Angeles and starred in the Coen Bros feature “Hail, Caesar!,” and the upcoming Soderbergh project “Mosaic.” She has also appeared as a guest star role on NBC’s “The Carmichael Show” and Netflix’s “Girlboss.”
Barrera can be seen in the upcoming third season of “Club de Cuervos »
- Joe Otterson
Similar News ItemsMatt Walsh (I)
- Mptf Hosts Star-Studded 11th Annual Evening Before Party (From Look to the Stars. 19 September 2017, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Breaks the Emmy Awards Streaming Barrier, One of Several Records Shattered This Year (From Indiewire. 17 September 2017, 8:34 PM, PDT)
- Emmys 2017: The Complete Winners List (From Rolling Stone. 17 September 2017, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Starz’s ‘Vida’ Finds 2 Leads + Carmen Cuba Casting Filling More Roles (From Backstage. 20 September 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Vida: Starz Orders Drama Series About Mexican-American Sisters (From TVSeriesFinale. 13 September 2017, 9:36 PM, PDT)
- Starz Greenlights Drama Series Vida, from Showrunner Tanya Saracho (From Comingsoon.net. 13 September 2017, 2:03 PM, PDT)
"The Carmichael Show" (2015)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of NBC TV Shows (From TVSeriesFinale. 21 September 2017, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- NBC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 9/21/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 21 September 2017, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Ratings: Marlon Has Solid Finish, Salvation Eyes 6-Week Audience High (From TVLine.com. 14 September 2017, 8:34 AM, PDT)