He helped bring both Legally Blonde and Kinky Boots to the stage. And now director and choreographer Jerry Mitchell is setting his sites on one of the most beloved romantic comedies of all time: Pretty Woman.
The 1990 Garry Marshall rom-com, which starred Julia Roberts and Richard Gere as a prostitute and the man who hires and falls in love with her (respectively), will jump from the big screen to Broadway — opening as a musical in the fall of 2018 in a Nederlander Theater to be announced.
When it does it’ll come with an original score from “(Everything I Do) I »
- Dave Quinn
Similar News ItemsJulia Roberts (I)
- amfAR Raises More Than $2 Million At Eighth Annual Los Angeles Gala (From Look to the Stars. 17 October 2017, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- Reese Witherspoon Emotionally Recalls Being Sexually Assaulted at 16, Says This Wasn't an 'Isolated Incident' (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 October 2017, 6:34 AM, PDT)
- Oprah Winfrey Hosts Star-Studded 'Bruncheon,' Gives Advice on How to 'Stay Woke' (Exclusive) (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 October 2017, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- A Musical Based on Cher’s Life Headed to Broadway (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 September 2017, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- “Pretty Woman” Coming to Broadway, Samantha Barks to Star (From Women and Hollywood. 27 September 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- ‘Pretty Woman’ Musical Heading To Broadway In 2018 (From The Hollywood News. 26 September 2017, 9:35 PM, PDT)
- Win Richard Gere Starrer ‘Norman’ On DVD (From The Hollywood News. 16 October 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Chris Martin Serenades Julia Roberts at amfAR Event Honoring Her with a Sweet Rendition of ‘Pretty Woman’ (From PEOPLE.com. 13 October 2017, 9:36 PM, PDT)
- Director Adrian Lyne Signs With ICM Partners (From Deadline. 12 October 2017, 9:21 AM, PDT)