Imprisoned, the almighty Thor finds himself in a lethal gladiatorial contest against the Hulk, his former ally. Thor must fight for survival and race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home and the Asgardian civilization.
The Thor: Ragnarok cast reveal which star had the cast in stitches during filming and which Avenger or Guardian would be the easiest to defeat in a one-on-one battle. Plus, learn more about the early career of Valkyrie, Tessa Thompson.
When Tony Stark and Bruce Banner try to jump-start a dormant peacekeeping program called Ultron, things go horribly wrong and it's up to Earth's mightiest heroes to stop the villainous Ultron from enacting his terrible plan.
Robert Downey Jr.,
As Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world, he teams up with a fellow Avenger and S.H.I.E.L.D agent, Black Widow, to battle a new threat from history: an assassin known as the Winter Soldier.
Samuel L. Jackson,
Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok, the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization, at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela.
Epic Space Adventure which propels Chris Hemsworth's Thor to A-List Status!!!
I just came back from seeing it and this movie is awesome man.
1) the action scenes were top notch in this movie. Thor has never been this epic in the MCU. He does some pretty epic sh*t in this movie and he is definitely not under-powered anymore. Thor in unleashed in this, I love that.
2) Marvel did a damn good job in hiding some spoilers in the trailers.
3) design-wise, the movie is totally beautiful. not a single bad effect in the movie. even the scene that changed from city to field looks better on the actual big screen.
4) the freaking soundtrack. absolutely perfect. Immigrant Song FTW.
5) Hela is totally bad-ass too. powerful, commanding, with just the right amount of scenery-chewing. hell, a lot of characters are so delightfully over-the-top in this.
6) great supporting cast too. Valkyrie owns everything the moment she enters the movie. even Surtur was pretty darn hardcore. and Korg is freaking hysterical. Man I loved Korg!
7) the movie's got a lot of humor. that may be a problem to some ..but, when it's time to take things seriously, the movie does exactly that. specially towards the spectacular third act, when real sh*t is going down, the humor dials back a ton. It is only during the Sakaar portions of the movie where most of the humour is, not without several moments of sincere character interaction of course.
8) I thought what they did with the "Ragnarok" part was kind of genius. this may not be the Winter Soldier of Phase 3 they told us, but it does make some significant changes to the overall MCU, or at least, the Thor section of the MCU.
9) The pacing of the movie was perfect. Plus there wasn't a single scene in which I felt bored.
Overall this was one of Marvel's best films for me. It would definitely be in my top 5 marvel movies along with civil war, winter soldier, guardians of the galaxy and iron man 1. I'll probably rank it at 2nd or 3rd!!!
39 of 49 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?